Monday, September 26, 2005

Welcome to the Txtfo.com blog

What is this blog about?
This blog is about marketing, technology and starting up a business. This should hopefully give you insights into what we are learning about these subjects as we develop our own business (txtfo.com). We are building a brand from scratch and also innovating in the mobile field. Whether you are running Microsoft or a small corner shop - a business is a business and we will also be blogging about what we are learning in setting up our own business as well as working with clients such as Bloomsbury Publishing, Microsoft and Samsung.

Who is writing this blog?
This blog is written by Amir Ahmad and I am the founder and Chief Simplification Officer of Txtfo.com. Previously I was a consultant at accenture having worked for clients such as BSkyB, eircom, Microsoft, Telewest and Worldcom.

Why Blog?

As this is the first time I'm using this technology I'll just explain why I am choosing to write a blog and what I see as the benefits of a blog going forward.

1. Writing thoughts feels good! - The simple fact is most people like to write and it is something that I find enjoyable. I would like to write a business book someday and writing a blog will help me put some of my thoughts down and make it easier for me to write. I think everyone has a book in them so a blog is one way to get the ball rolling.

2. Promote txtfo.com - Providing a blog will hopefully eventually get some more people to visit our website (www.txtfo.com). As a big part of my life at the moment is txtfo.com - it ultimately will get a mention and you will learn what we're learning. Hopefully somethings that appear will be interesting here and then make you remember and use txtfo.

3. Those who can...teach - As a slogan for a teacher recruitment campaign said "those who can...teach". I think people find educating other people rewarding. A blog is a cheap way to publish to the world what I have learnt in my 28 years of life. If I knew what I know now when I was 18 I would have saved myself many cringeworthy moments. I'm sure if I'll look back when I'm 38 at being a twenty-something and being a dumb kid - but you live and learn.

Why learn from your own mistakes - when you can learn from mine? This is primarily why I try and read a lot of non-fiction books/magazines as they are usually written by someone who has spent a great deal of time researching a specific niche area and you can get what they have spent ages learning in a summary of their thoughts by reading their book. Even better with my blog is that I spend a lot of time learning or reseaching something I would like for myself - and you can get all the benefits of my time for free.

If you don't enjoy reading this blog than it comes with a money back guarantee.

Amirski
Mobile: +44 7970496624 (I'm based in London, UK Timezone)
email: amir@txtfo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home